Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Work Is Making A Difference

I got this short email today, its nice to know that the work is having an impact, that it is creating/helping positive discussion. When I made the sex worker photographs I wanted to open eyes, to tell important stories, to educate and start discussion. This email today shows that the discussion is happening as well as hopefully a bit of education. I told this University student to go ahead and use any photos she wanted and thanked her. Here is the email:

Hello Gerry Yaum.

I'm a student at The University of Texas at Austin, and for one of my classes (rhetoric of tourism) I am doing a project arguing against sex tourism in Thailand. Could I please get your permission to use the photography in your galleries in my presentation? I would certainly give you credit if I used your images.

Sincerely,
------ --------