Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Few More Scans From The Dad Photo Session

I am starting to love the dimensions of the 5x7 negs. The Linhof 5x7 camera is also fun and easy to shoot, hopefully the combination of the easy to use camera and the 5x7 format negs will  create some great portraits in the Asia.

Here are a few more scans from the April 9th photo session with my father. My dad allowed me photograph him without his shirt on, dad has always had the courage to allow me to be honest when photographing him. I will go show him the photographs this afternoon along with a newspaper for him to read and some photos of my friend Larry's house which are featured in a local Edmonton magazine (Dad loves looking at houses).

Update* Dad saw and liked the photos today which was a relief for me. We might try another session in available light or in the studio again, depending on how dad feels. I do not want to push him into doing anything he does not want to or does not have the energy for, it's his choice.

8x10 Tri-x negative, 300mm lens, April 9th 2014
8x10 Tri-x negative, 300mm lens, April 9th 2014
8x10 Tri-x negative,  300mm lens, April 9th 2014
5x7 Tri-x negative, 120mm lens, April 9th 2014