Monday, March 17, 2014

Large RC Paper Order

I purchased a ton of photo paper from Ultrafine today, the final cost is  $1210 CAD including shipping. I bought 500 sheets of their 11x14 RC and 1000 sheets of their 8x10 RC. I will use the paper to do enlarged contacts of current and future work as well as work prints and for my darkroom workshops. To help pay this very large bill I will throw in the $200 from this weekends workshops (if everyone shows! and things go as planned). I will also no doubt have to pay some tax-duty at the border.

This paper is a cheaper brand than the Ilford stuff but the quality is quite good and should work very well for my purposes. As a bonus they had a 10% discount (last night was the last day), its one of the reasons I dived in head first. I should now have enough RC paper for a few years. I will probably do another 11x14 order sooner than 8x10, maybe sometime in later 2015. If this paper does not work out I will go back to Ilford in the future.

I am completely sold on doing 11x14 contacts with all of my future 35mm work, thanks Mr Salgado for helping out. 11x14 contacts allow you to see everything clearly, your successes and failures, it is a great learning tool as well as an easy way to find the best shots on a roll.