Thursday, March 27, 2014

Video: First Final Cut Pro Movie Clip, "Families Of The Dump" Version 2

Here is my first attempt at putting together a little movie slide show clip using Final Cut Pro X. I just pulled all these files quickly off my hard drive and spent a four or five hours putting this together on my laptop, at times it was quite a struggle to use the software. These days I am having difficulty concentrating, hopefully in the future the vids will be put together faster, stronger and with more emotional impact.

The video I chose to do is version 2 of the "Families of the Dump", I added a bit of video and converted it to black and white. I wonder if anyone but me will ever care about this project, or care about telling the story of these people, I am getting rejection after rejection to show this work. No one seems to give a shit, I feel like I have let the families down, their story is worthy, the photographs apparently aren't.

All photos and vids included in this short clip are from the May 2013 work on the project, nothing from the November 2013 trip is shown.

Here is a lower res version of the video:



Here is the slightly higher quality vimeo.com version:

https://vimeo.com/90368751

If you want to donate money to help the people who live at the dump, here is a link:

eyestoburma.org/about/