Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Down, Hard To Work And A Few Photo Things

I have been so down lately,  I am worried about dad so its hard to do anything photography wise. My friends Larry and his wife Joanna have been helping out dad with some expensive health medicines, wonderful caring people. Many other photo friends have sent me kind compassionate emails, which are appreciated. Dad might be coming home today or tomorrow, at least for a while. When your family is in a situation like this you try to take things day by day and hope for the best, hope for another day tomorrow drives you through the pains of today.

On the subject of photography there are a few things of note to mention.

- My photo paper came over the last few days, the 8x10 paper 2 days ago and the 11x14 last night. I got pretty lucky GST- duty wise and will only pay $34 CAD on the lot.

- The blog advertising is going well this month, $11.79 USD dollars with a few days left. When the total reaches $100 USD maybe at the end of the year or early next year I can use that money to buy some more rolls of bulk Tri-x.

- I worked quite a few hours last night (distracting myself) on the Art Acquisition submission photos that I will send to the Alberta Foundation for the Arts, the deadline is April 1. I changed out two of the photos for two others, the two new shots are below. They are the same subjects as before but maybe a bit more dynamic images. Hopefully I can sell a few of the pics to the province, I could use the money to pay for airfare back to Asia, maybe in November 2014. I made a promise to my father (photo book dedicated to him) that I need to start to work towards.


Young girl playing in garbage"Families of the Dump" series, Mae Sot Thailand, 2013
Man in leprosy colony"Leprosy" series, Nepal 2013