Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Various PhotoNOLA 2013 Opening Night Shows

Here a bunch of photos I took on my night out with Thom visiting various PhotoNOLA shows around New Orleans. Not all the shows we visited are recorded here but most are, a wonderful night of looking at art, can't beat that!

http://photonola.org/exhibitions/









And finally the best of the best, a room full of Salgado's. There were 27 Sebastiao Salgado's at "A Gallery For Fine Photography". Viewing these prints was the highlight of the trip for me, I went back there a second time trying to absorb as much of the this master photographer as I could. Salgado is the worlds best living shooter in my opinion, his work is emotional, compelling and important. Viewing these prints was something I will never forget, before I left I thanked and shook the hand of the owner Mr. Joshua Mann Pailet for the wonderful opportunity he had given me.