Monday, January 20, 2014

No Copyright Crap Worries

People that put their work online sometimes get to hung up on their work belonging to themselves only. If it's just a one on one thingy with other creative people why not share? Who cares about the copyright, ownership crap. I guess if it's a big company with lots of doe that is using your work they should pay you something but with smaller folk that just want to create art, why not share? The Internet is a big wild west type place and once you put your work online you lose the "its only mine, no touching" stuff.

Here is a nice email I received today and my reply to the artist.
----------
Hello Gerry,
my name is Steffen W.... and I'm from Germany.
I found your Photo "Slumshack 4a" on the Internet and I love it!
I want to make a pencil Drawing in 50-70 cm from this Picture!
My Question is: Do I have your permission to do this?
That would be nice!
There's an example of my drawings in the attachment.
Thank's a lot and
best regards

Steffen
Sorry my English is not the best!
----------
No problem Steffen have fun with it, use it anyway you want. I have no problem with you using the image, make lots of great art. Good luck with your future work as well.

Gerry


Slumshack 4a