Sunday, January 5, 2014

More Grant, Acquisition Submissions

I think I might try to do another Alberta Foundation for the Arts grant submission, I will ask for $5000 to do the 5x7 "Families of the Dump" group portrait project. I probably will not get it, I have already failed at getting funding for variations on this project 2 times, but I got to try. On a guards salary I have such limited money $5000 would help so much with the production of these new images. The deadline for this grant submission is February 1. I will repeat the grant request with the Edmonton Arts Council, I will probably have a better chance with these folks , 3 years ago I got a travel grant from the EAC.
 
I am also going to do a submission to the Alberta Foundation for the arts Art by Acquisition program, am thinking of doing 3 submissions to them. One will be my normal 5 individual print package and the other two will be portfolio series type submissions. Last year I was told that you can do group submissions as well, so I want to give that a try. With the group submissions its a home run swing type thing because if the jury does not like one print in the series the whole thing collapses, they have to choose the everything or nothing. I believe I am allowed more than 1 submission to the Acquisition people so plan on the 5 individual prints and then a series on the dump and something on Nepal (probably migrant farm workers). I will be asking for $500 for 16x20 individual prints and $2500 for the group series sets of 5-16x20 prints. Gosh if I got the $2500 series that would pay for almost 2 air flights  ($1420+ each) to Asia to continue work on my various projects.