Thursday, January 23, 2014

Darkroom Day 2

Well I have a bunch of negs I want to play with selected, time to start playing!

The first negative of the day is a landscape shot on 35mm Tri-x, yes a landscape! I have been studying the work of Sebastiao Salgado for years and I wanted to follow his example and incorporate some straight no people landscapes in my projects. Landscape-cityscapes help tell the story of the people who live and work in the buildings and the environment they populate. I think to tell a proper overall story that communicates a more complete message its important to include some of these types of pics.

The shot I am working on was made on my last day of shooting this last trip, I used up the last of my Tri-x that day (was sad to see it end). It is a shot of brick making factory buildings and a stack. The light was soft and fairly low when I made the photo with a distant fog, it was quite an amazing day to be making pictures. I just walked through the coolish brisk morning and clicked away, life does not get much better than that! That day is a wonderful memory for me, one I hope to repeat many times before I leave this world.

Here is todays  print: