Tuesday, January 14, 2014

800 ASA Pushed Tri-x


Here are some images made with Tri-x pushed to 800  ASA and given stand development. My stand development method for 800 ASA Tri-x is 2 hours at 20C with Rodinal 1/100, I give inverted agitation for the first minute and gentle swirl type agitation every 30 minutes for 1 minute. I am getting more confident shooting pushed Tri-x, I might not take the portable flash with me next trip. The combination of one film, a few fast lens and the ability to push film might be enough.

800 and 1600 ASA Tri-x creates a unique expressive image. The photographs has a higher contrast and larger grain which can very effectively communicate your message. I am looking forward to printing.these high impact slightly abstract  negs.

Simplification is a key, one film, limited cameras, lens and developers. The simpler you shoot the more your able to express, less is more.

"Slum Boxer" Series, Bangkok 2013
 "Slum Boxer" Series, Bangkok 2013
"Slum Boxer" Series, Bangkok 2013
"Slum Boxer" Series, Bangkok 2013
"Slum Boxer" Series, Bangkok 2013
Chess "Klong Toey Slum" Series, Bangkok 2013
"Slum Boxer" Series, Bangkok 2013
"Slum Boxer" Series, Bangkok 2013