Monday, January 13, 2014

3 Month Printing Effort!

I look around my very well stocked and cramped darkroom and I see dozens and dozens of boxes of photographic paper sitting and waiting in boxes. An important part of the creative process for me is printing my photographs, then and only then can I see what is working and why. I have not been doing that, the paper gets older (fogged) and I diddle and daddle.

I have therefore decided to challenge myself to an extended daily printing excise. Starting January 20th until April 20th  I plan on printing something each and every day. I intend to print even when I come home tired after a 12 security night shift, maybe it will only be for an hour or two bot each an every day for 3 months I will print. Enough of my horse shit excuses time to walk the walk and throw myself deeper into my photography. I need to make an effort each and everyday for the rest of my life, I turn 50 in April, I have no more time for excuses or laziness.