Saturday, December 14, 2013

PhotoNOLA "Body Sellers" Opening Night

Note*, blog written on my return to Canada

The opening night went great, it was a wonderful night at my show and also I got the chance to view work from a number of galleries around New Orleans. After visiting 8 or so galleries the night ended with a great meal of Oysters at a restaurant in the French quarter.

PhotoNOLA had set up a party bus filled with PhotoNOLA photographers, reviewers, gallery owners, museum curators etc traveling from show to show. The bus was a great idea, it allowed people to move from gallery to gallery and spend 30 minutes or so at each site. Just before I gave my artist talk, 35 or 40 people rolled off the bus and into my space at "Zeitgeist".  The bus allowed me the chance to show and speak about my work to some important photography folks.

I will try to post a video of the night later on, thou I have very limited video of my opening as I was doing the talk! I can only do so many things at a time and running a video camera was not part of the agenda.

Anyway it was a great memorable night, thank you PhotoNOLA for this wonderful opportunity!!