Wednesday, December 18, 2013

New 5x7 Series?

I have been thinking of several options in regards to the back log of 5x7 Tri-x I have. I have many boxes of 5x7 that were outdated in 2008 and also a bunch of boxes outdated in around 2010, I need to get shooting that stuff.

During my next trip to Asia I currently plan on using the Linhof 5x7, with 210mm and 120mm lens to shoot portraiture in Asia. I would need to shoot in available light s well as bounced/direct flash (possibly a portable flash on a separate stand). Possible subjects include

- a series on bargirls in their room (a good idea suggested to me by a documentary photographer who saw my work at PhotoNola)
- more work on the muay thai boxers, everyone knows and accepts me there.
- the people who live under the freeway in Bangkok, this would be my second time there.
- a continuation of the families of the dump portrait work in Mae Sot. This should be easier to shoot then before now that I have established myself in this community a bit.

I might be able to do the bargirl in their room series as part as my artist residency at Toot Yung gallery. I might be able to take a 5 week trip next year and shoot 300-500 sheets of 5x7.