Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Mr. Red Toes

I am usually very careful choosing what I pack on my trips but this time around I made a bad mistake. Thinking I could save some weight I decided to take only one set of runners a rarely used nice looking black pair I could wear at the opening on Saturday. Problem was the shoes did not fit properly, especially after the flights and the swelling that occurs. I ended up limping my way out of the airport and through the streets of New Orleans, a very painful and uncomfortable experience.

The first order of business after checking into the hotel was finding a proper pair of FITTING shoes. My style over substance choice meant I was left with two bright red little toes and 48 hours of pain and soreness. As good a feeling as I will have this trip was sliding on my new $50 runners and walking in those instead.

*Note to self, choose substance over style in the future.