Sunday, November 10, 2013

Walked The Dump, Visiting New Areas

Today I walked the whole length of the dump, in the one area I have not spent much time (once in May, no visits this trip) people were more stand offish to me. After a short while thou with a bit of talking, some smiles, photos and explanations in Thai I did manage to make some headway. I ended up shooting a bunch of child photos today, it was a nice change of pace from the other side of the dump where there is more rotting garbage, more flies etc.

I think most farang (Westerners) who visit the dump spend time on the side I visited today, the Burmese people who live there have probably had more negative experiences with strange Western people and are therefore more careful. I will return to this area of the dump tomorrow to hand out a bunch of color snapshots.