Thursday, November 7, 2013

Rolling In Garbage

This trip I seem to be much more intimate with the garbage, yesterday I fell down it it, today I stepped into a big dirty puddle that filled my right boot with slime and dirt. Because of all the rains the dump seems much more vile this time, more smells, more flies, more mud, more slipping and sliding.

I do not mind the garbage so much but having it stick all over your clothes and body is tough, you feel like you cannot get it off you. Another danger is you need to move quickly at times to avoid the bull dozer and the fast moving garbage trucks. It is quite easy to fall at the wrong time and be hit, especially when your trying to get that perfect composition.

Update* I thought I would update some cofusion on the falling down into garbagte thingy. I did not really fall down from a standing position, it was more of a roll on my back thing. I was crouched down in a sitting-squating position trying to get a good composition on a child I was shooting when I lost my balance and rolled backwards on my butt and back into the garbage. There was sort of a garbage hole behind me and I ended up off balance laying back in the dirty garbage kicking my legs and feet about like a turtle on its back that cannot right itself, it must have looked quite funny. After it happened I felt more embarressed than worried about the smell and dirty clothes.