Thursday, November 14, 2013

In Bangkok Again

Well I arrived in Bangkok again a few days ago. I took the first class day bus from Mae Sot and after a rather long painful 9 1/2 hour trip I arrived at the Mochit bus station in Bangkok, 45 minutes later via Taxi I was in my a/c hotel room watching TV. The trip to Bangkok was rather long, a screaming baby behind me plus cellphones ringing constantly wore on my nerves. One Chinese man to my left one row back must have made over 10 long LOUD (why do mainland Chinese always need to talk so loud?) phone calls during the journey. Cellphones have there place as conveniences and safety devices but boy do they intrude on your privacy and your quiet time, your always being personally being pestered by those noisy devices or the person next to you is pestering you with his/her use of the device.

Anyway I am safe in Bangkok now, had a few days of laying around sleeping and some good food so feel much  better than when I arrived. Of course the people in the dump are still digging through garbage, still living the unfortunate lives they lead. I met a Indian man at a hotel yesterday who talked about the all importance of money, that it was the only thing that mattered, how if you had money you could do anything. I tend to view things with a bit less pessimism than him but if you look at the people and the dump and myself the only real thing separating their lives and mine is how much money we have.