Saturday, November 23, 2013

Evolving 16GB Extreme SD Card

I have been going through an evolving photo shop price change for a 16GB SD card I am interested in buying. The marked price (always phony baloney) was 4500 Nepalese rupees (about $45 USD), the immediate discount was 3500, then it went down to 3200, followed by 3000 the last time in the shop when I picked up my color snaps to hand out to the street kids tomorrow was 2800. I will probably go for the 2800 rupee price (around $28 USD), its still to expensive but in Nepal there is heavy taxes and duties, so everything technological is over priced. When I came in on the flight from Bangkok, the Nepalese passengers transported many TVs from Thailand (no duty at the airport here in Nepal I believe), I must have saw over 20 large flat screens leaving the airport on carts, maybe 25 or 30.