Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Blind Child Needs Help

I met a young boy child of (maybe 2 years old) a few days ago at the larger Leprosy clinic. The child was born blind but I was told with some funding his sight can be restored through surgery at a local hospital. I got all the contact info the child and will speak to my friend Larry about him, he is a great photographer and a Doctor (Optometrist) and should be able to give me some advice.

Foreigners here in Kathmandu spend thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands on pursuits like mountaineering and trekking, and lesser amounts on things like bungee jumping and boozing it up nightly. Why so me me me oriented, why spend everything on your own selfish pursuits, why not help a young boy be able to see again, why not give him back his life?