Wednesday, October 30, 2013

PhotoNOLA Prints Finished And Ready For Shipping And Thai Packing

Well after a ton of work I have managed to finish off the 22 "Body Sellers" prints. The 56lb shipping box is loaded and ready to be taken to Fed Ex. I expect it to cost about $110 CAD to ship the box down to New Orleans, so that is not such a bad deal, it will take 5 days to arrive. No more worries about completing this on time. It is such a wonderful relief to have the production of this exhibition behind me, it was like 5 months of work maybe more. Producing the prints also cost more than $2200 CAD, now I ned to pay for shipping etc, it became a very expensive proposition on a security guards salary.  Next time round I will try to find closer places (within driving distance) and galleries that pay an artist fee of some kind to offset the costs.

Now I can move on to other things, I can give my full concentration to the creation of new work. This next trip will be my first Thai journey without any check in baggage. I have one knapsack weighing 19lbs and my camera bag is around 11lbs. I might have to shift around some of the knapsack weight as technically I am only allowed one check in bag weighing 15lbs.

My  completed packing includes

2 Leica M6  bodies
1 Leica R6 body
21mm, 28mm, 35mm and 60 mm lens
200 rolls of Tri-x (thinking of reducing that number a bit to cut weight)
2 small flash units
small digi camera

2 pairs of light pants
4 long sleeve, 1 short sleeve shirt
3 socks. 5 boxers
sandals
1 bathing suit (this is the pleasure section of my packing)
1 bag of odds and ends, extra batteries, cable release, flashlight etc

One more nightshift and I am off to Thai to make pictures, thank goodness!!! Lets go create!!!