Saturday, October 12, 2013

Nice Room In Bangkok

I have a nice room in Bangkok to stay in, I think to start the trip I will stay there for the first 5 nights. The room will cost about $25CAD a night and I believe its within a short motorcycle taxi drive of the Klong Toey slum and boxing gym. The place has free wifi, a/c, fridge (for film), cable tv, hot shower etc. I think it should work out fine, the hardest part might be finding the place on the first day after my 24 hour 3 airplane ride from Canada. The deluxe rooms at the hotel run about $35 a night but I think I will save the money and go with the cheaper version as I have a small budget this trip. Another bonus is this hotel is only 1 or 2 years old so everything should work well and be very clean.


Update* I booked the room for 5 nights (total cost $125, I got the last available room), its within walking distance of many of my photo series areas. I should be able to find the hotel direct from the airport, as I have the address written in Thai and the phone number to give to the taxi driver. The reviews of the place are favourable with the only negatives being not much english spoken by the staff and only Thai restaurants in the neighbourhood, these complaints do not affect me as I speak enough Thai to get by and love to eat Thai foods. 

Really looking forward to arriving, checking in, having a quick meal, doing a bit of shopping (toiletries and snacks) then going to bed. The next morning I will be up bright and early and walk into Klong Toey slum to make pics.  The good hotel location should save me at least 2 hours daily travel time along with saving on taxi/motorcycle transportation costs, I can put towards nicer food and more donations.