Tuesday, October 8, 2013

More Costs, Almost Done With the PhotoNOLA Printing

I got my latest 16x20 box of Ilford paper from B&H today, I doubt I will use much of it but its good to have some extra just in case. The problem with having extra photo paper about is that its expensive, this box cost me $238.15 USD.

I will also probably have to pay more for cutting up my PhotoNOLA Dibond material. Originally  I was told that it would be cut in a device called a Guillotine but that has been changed now and I might have to transport the material to another shop with a special saw of some kind, cutting 2-4x8 sheets will be expensive around $200 CAD. The cut is supposed to be much superior to other saws so I am debating whether I want a rough looking cheap cut ($30 CAD) or a fine looking expensive cut.

I am looking forward to finishing off printing the New Orleans show, I can then concentrate on making pics in Thailand, I NEED to make new photos. I have 90-95% of the "Body Sellers" prints completed, I still want to print 3 more negs, and maybe do a reprint or two. I only have 6 days off next week not my regular 7, I need to get the Dibond cut and get all the printing done by that weeks Saturday. I wil dry mount the prints to the Dibond after working my nightshifts the last week of October, then send the whole thing down to New Orleans.