Saturday, October 19, 2013

Double Workshop

I had a double workshop today from 1pm to around 630pm. The workshops were the view camera class followed by the darkroom, for 2 students. I think it went fairly well I hope the students Jozy and Heather learned some things. It was fun to do a bit of teaching thou my voice is sort of gone now. I now have money to use for the donations in the dump and maybe a bit left over to have a nice meal or two.

As a bonus Heather/Jozy made 2 RC prints I will take with me to Thailand to hand out as gifts. A young girl with her dog (did not have a print last time around and she was disappointed), they also printed a photo of a mother with a child on the railway tracks which I will give out. So it was a win, win, win thing. I got to teach film photography hopefully helping the students, I raised some money for the people/children of Mae Sot dump and I got some prints made to hand out to Klong Toey slum residents.

A nice busy day, going to have some food then head to bed, I go back to work a day early tomorrow evening. Tomorrow after work I need to get back into the darkroom (secondary printing). I still have quite a bit to do to finish the PhotoNOLA exhibition prints, I need to get it all completed in the next week.

Jozy and Heather's prints from the workshop, I will take them to Thai and hand them out as gifts.