Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dibond Cut

Well the shop was able to cut my 30 panels of dibond quickly, I got an email yesterday they are ready for pick up, I will do that today. Things are now nicely back on schedule, I have been working on the last 3 prints this week and should have 2 completed with the 3rd (the last print) close to completion. I then need to spend a day or two doing the final printing process on about 10 photos, this process includes the bleaching, toning and archival wash. I should be able to start the photo dry mounting tonight and attaching the hanging hardware in the coming days.

I am looking forward to getting this all done, getting on a plane and getting back to Thai. I need to make new pics, finding and making new photos  again will be exciting and rewarding. I am also looking forward to meeting up with all the people I have photographed before.

Update* I picked up the dibond early this morning it cost $210 for cutting but they did a very nice job with some kind of water based saw (no ragged-jagged metal). The 30 panels cost about $20 CAD each for a grand total of around $600. I want to check if I can get this brushed aluminum dibond in Thailand, the labour costs are bound to be cheaper there. If the show in Bangkok happens I will probably want to mount onto aluminum dibond and then transport the prints in my check in luggage.