Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Thai Trip Costs


Well today I got my $75 for the print in the Alberta Photo Open. I deposited it into my Thai trip savings account which now gives me a huge grand total of $110.37 saved! For my 5 weeks in Thailand I will need to have $2335 or at the least $1500 (plus some security pay money that will deposited after I leave Canada).

Total Trip Costs

Air ticket = $1440, (am paying for that now).
Hotels about $20 a night (33 nights) = $660+
Food about $25 a day (33 days) = $825+
Transportation (buses to/from Mae Sot/elsewhere, motorcycles to dump, taxis/motorcycles/buses in Bangkok) = $350+
Donations (Burmese families at the dump, Burmese children's school). = $200-$300
Miscellaneous Expenses = $200+

Grand Total= $2235 or $2335 (not counting air ticket)

The food costs might be cheaper, if I eat only Thai foods and cut down on how much I am eating. The hotel and transportation costs are pretty much set, I can try to negotiate prices down a bit but that will not change much. I want to give a minimum of $200 to the families at the dump but I hope to give $300. I have asked for extra shifts at work, not sure I will get them thou. I also have a chance to earn a bit from a all day 2 person darkroom/view camera workshop, not sure this is going to happen, hope it does. Hopefully this will all come together and it will be a successful trip.

None of the photography costs are included in this budget.