Monday, September 23, 2013

More Paper

I just did another 50 sheet 16x20 Ilford photo paper order with B&H at a cost of $251 CAD. I am not sure I will need the paper as I still have around 40 sheets left but I thought it was prudent to have some extra paper in the darkroom.

I placed an other with my plastic company folks to get the stainless steel Dibond as well. The only problems left is this company is repairing their guillotine cutting device so I need to wait on that. I still do not know how I will hang the Dibond panels. I have gotten help from several friends with hanging suggestions but it still is a bit of an unknown.

Things are coming together but I am running short of time now and I need to get on my horse to get this all done. I spent the last few days flattening fibre prints and doing a bit of printing. I will try to re-print one negative and start work on a new one before going taking a nap, I have to work tonight.

Update* I got an invoice for the Dibond today, $418.11 including the cutting price. The cost of photo paper and the mounting Dibond for the show is around $1200 so far. Add in the shipping box and shipping costs and we are somewhere North of $1700. Doing shows like this are to expensive, in the future I will concentrate on artist fee payment galleries.