Friday, September 6, 2013

Dibond Suppliers, Preparation For PhotoNOLA And More Show Thoughts

Well I know I can get this Dibond stuff now, its expensive but I can get it cut and shipped to me from the States (Washington State) for around $600 CAD. I would get 24 panels to dry mount to cut down from 2 large sheets of this material. I have another dealer in Calgary I am checking into and am also trying with a plastics and metal companies here in Edmonton. I am happy I can get the stuff, now it's a matter of the getting the exact type finish I want cut to the proper size at the cheapest cost. The dry mount Dibond panels will be 15 5/8 x 19, 3mm thick each (to hold a trimmed dry mounted 16x20 print). I can fit more than 50 mounted prints in my shipping case, if I ship only 24 down to New Orleans I will have to add foam padding of some kind to prevent damage.

I feel better now that I can get this Dibond stuff, will order it by next week. Things are coming together, I got the shipping case, I got the prints 70% done, I got several hooks out there for the aluminum Dibond panels. The only thing I have to figure out is how to hang the stuff, I will go to home depot in the coming days to look for some kind of hanging system I can put on the back of the mounted aluminum prints. All of this needs to be completed and sent out before the end of October.

I will be happy when all this is over with and I can ship this case down to PhotoNOLA then I can concentrate on my Thai trip and making photos. This show stuff is great but it's expensive and to much work, I will limit myself to galleries I can drive to for the next while. I am also going to concentrate on submissions that pay an artist fee of some kind, that way the production costs of the show are partially paid for in advance.

I am not sure if the Bangkok show is a go or not but that might be the last long distance event for a while. Got to make pictures, that's where my money must go.

Back to the darkroom now, I need to print another 2 photos tonight. I think I will try a lady worker and man worker.

Update: No luck with the metal companies moved onto 3 sign companies in search of Dibond now.