Monday, August 5, 2013

Using Mido Holders

I used 3 Mido holders tonight for my shoot and loaded up another 5 with HP5 8x10 for tomorrows photos. I am quite happy with these holders, they cut way down on the weight and are easy to load, I can load them as fast as regular film holders. When I shoot 8x10 in Asia these holders should help me accomplish my goal, I bought them a last year and am still years away from using them in Asia but its good to plan ahead.

Below is an earlier link to the holders, they are not made new anymore but are sometimes available on E-bay. The design of the Mido holders allows you to travel with only one shell (exterior of the holder) and the smaller inserts, because you only need to carry one shell not 10 or 20 your weight is cut way way down. 50 8x10 sheets in 25 Mido holder weigh the same as 20 sheets in 10 regular holders.

http://gerryyaum.blogspot.ca/2012/08/mido-ii-holders.html

Update* I developed 5 sheets of film, 2 of the negs had serious fogging problems. The film I used today had been sitting loaded in holders for over 6 months, one of the Mido holders might have a serious light leak of some kind, the other 2 worked great. I need to figure out which holders are leaking and which work fine, then isolate and repair the damaged ones.