Friday, August 9, 2013

Todays Work

Well woke up at 230 am, had some food then went into the dark to finish the secondary printing of the last group of prints. I did the bleaching and toning for about 20 16x20 prints, some of which look under printed to me, I think I overdid my compensation for dry down. I might to re-print some of these images, especially after seeing the light sources for the show. The show lights look pretty bright so I need to make sure the print do not come out looking washed out.

I am also doing the final toning and bleaching for the Alberta Photo Open print of Nit. I need to wash, dry, flatten and place this print in the mat/frame tonight. I am reusing the mats and frames from the Kaasa show (something I will probably do for many years) to help save on costs. I want to drop off the framed print at the VAAA tomorrow afternoon.

I will get the Jobo processor up and running in a few minutes and develop the 10 sheets Bob and I made yesterday afternoon, then send him some scans.

I also need to return to printing the PhotoNOLA show and make up the scans and show description, will try that a little bit later in the day. I am going to try to print the next 8x10 sex worker negs with a bit more density and a tiny bit more contrast.

I also did a big Selenium Toner buy today, 5 bottles of the Kodak type and 2 bottles from other companies, with shipping, tax, duty it came to $197 CAD. This buy should last me quite a few years.