Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Struggling My Way Through PowerPoint

Well last night with some helpful hints from my friend Larry including a lone of a CD with a special song I have started working on my PowerPoint artist talk presentation. It's a struggle to get this done as the PP software at work is different than the PP software I have at home, finding the right picture file size is also a bit of a mystery. Searching for all the negs and doing all the scanning is also very time consuming, I think thou I am on the right track now.

I want to do something similar to Larry (Larry's presentation is first rate pro level stuff), I will do 2 short 3 minute movie slide shows with music, one on Klong Toey slum residents and one on  the Mae Sot garbage dump families. I will also do a talking slide show where I can speak to each image one at a time during the lecture. The talking slide show will be made up of 40-60 images and include pieces from all my trips to Thailand from 1996 (lost some of those negs so might have problems with that time period) through 1999, 2003 and up to this last trip in May 2013.

I only have the first 5 slides completed for the Klong Toey movie so I have a long way to go, I expect about 25 slides in a 3 minute movie each with 7 seconds of screen time. I will be able to reuse some of the movie pics in the talking slide show section. When I get this all completed it will only be the first draft, there will be many alterations and improvements in the future (I hope).

I can only devote so much time to this PP Artist talk thing, I need to get back into the darkroom and continue to print the "Body Sellers" show for PhotoNOLA. To much to do, to little time to do it all.