Monday, August 19, 2013

PowerPoint Artist Talk Presentation Started, So That's How You Do These Things

I started working on my artist lecture PowerPoint presentation last night. I have a friend at work who ran me through all the basics of the program and now its up to me to get it together this coming week off work. The lecture will focus on my Thai period :) (pretentious Picasso moment). I want to start off with my first trip to Thailand in 1996 then finish up with the latest work shot with the Burmese families at the Mae Sot dump. I will include a couple of music slide shows, a video or two and a section where I just tell stories about favourite pictures. This thing will be lots of work but it should be fun to put together (as most photo related thing usually are).

Update: Going to view my friend Larry's photography PowerPoint presentation on Tuesday, that will give me a real insight into how to professionally design one of these things, seeing his should help me make mine.

Here is the PowerPoint opening title slide that I might use, thanks Michel for your help making this up, it looks pretty cool, thank you for taking the time to teach me some PowerPoint tips. I need to give both Michel and Larry a credit-thank you at the end of the file, their contributions have been important to this little project. Friends are always very important to learning and improving your photography, I owe a great deal to friends like Rob, Jim, Michel, Larry etc. etc. for all their help through the years.