Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Off To Vegreville

Well have nothing planned for tomorrow so I arranged to take my father and mother to some places my father grew up and to see my grand fathers grave. It should be a fun day with some portrait making opportunities. I will take my 35mm bag (Thai set up with 3 cameras) and my 8x10 gear just in case. Tonight is my last night of scanning for the PP presentation stuff, things are coming together slowly but surely. Tomorrow I have to dive into the darkroom for the last 3 1/2 days I have left before I go back to work.

Update: I had a nice 9 1/2 hour day with dad and mom, we visited some of dad's childhood places, maybe for the last time. Dad new exactly what road to turn on, recognized landmarks etc even thou he might not have been in the area for 20 years plus. I ended up taking a few 8x10 shots and some 35mm film at my dads old farm and in the Mundare graveyard where my grand father is buried. A nice day, now I will do a bit of scanning before bed, tomorrow I wake up early and spend the day printing.

I want to see if I can go see a couple of shows in town, I will go to the Alberta Gallery of Art to see their photo show for the third time and there is also a show of traditional black and white photo landscapes at the McMullen gallery. The McMullen show opening is tonight but I was not invited so I did not attend, I will try to check it out later in the week or possibly in 2 weeks time. I expect this show to be first rate both production and technique wise but a bit to common place and traditional for my tastes in regards to subject matter. I will see how it goes when I get there, will make a review at that time.

Anyway a very nice enjoyable day, processing the film now!