Monday, August 26, 2013

Last Night Off

Well it was a good last night off, I accomplished a fair amount. To start the evening I picked up another darkroom sink along with some useful extra darkroom tools. I got all my computer stuff (Imac and small scanner) into the car so that I can work on various projects at work this week during my nightshifts. Most importantly I got back into the darkroom and struggled my way through 2 difficult negs for the PhotoNOLA show, one of a male working, one of a female. I am currently working on a photo of a ladyboy worker,  I am writing this blog as I wait for the test strips to dry in my drying cabinet.

I did not get a much printing as I wanted to get done this week because I was distracted by the PowerPoint artist presentation, I spent most of the week scanning, scanning and scanning some more. I will continue to work on this presentation during my work week on nights, hopefully I can also squeeze in doing at least one more PhotoNOLA "Body Sellers" exhibition print after work sometime if I am not to tired. I have about 15 prints completed, thou some might not be included in the exhibition and some might need a reprint. I want to make up 25 aluminum mounted photos by late October. The show and samples of my work along with a write up I did (with some editing from my friend Thom in New Orleans) will be added to the PhotoNOLA website early this week, I will post a link when its online. Little by little I am getting this done, it will be a relief to get this all printed, mounted and sent out. I want to concentrate on shooting the new photos, the new work in Thailand should be exciting.

I might have to make up 2 different PowerPoint artist presentations, one for the latest documentary work for the UofA talk the other might be the history of the sex worker photos for the the PhotoNOLA talk. Well better get back into the darkroom and try to finish that last print, I need to get to sleep early so that I can be well rested for my first security nightshift tonight.