Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Need To Make Photos


Scanning the latest work shot in Mae Sot dump with the Burmese families has gotten me excited and frustrated. I feel these photographs are some of the best I have made but here I sit trapped in Canada unable to make more. I need to have patience but I want to make pictures every hour of every day, I want to tell the stories of the people who allow me into their lives. Looking at the faces of the Burmese families living in the dump has taught me a frustrating truth, I need to be there making pictures not here doing security patrols.

Their are so many stories I want to tell, so many places and peoples I want to meet and photograph. Time is running out on me I am 49 and getting older, fatter and slower by the day. I feel that now today I am making the best pictures of my life, so now is the time to be out there creating, not sitting here on my fat ass thinking about making photographs.