Monday, July 8, 2013

Week Off Work

I have the next week off work so need to spend some important time in the darkroom. I want to start printing my New Orleans PhotoNOLA show, and will probably start out with the 2 recently scanned negs below:



If I can print 2 other 8x10 negs later in the week for a total of 4 show prints I will be quite happy. All of these photos will be made on 16x20 Ilford Warmtone photographic paper. I also want to try to sneak in some more 8x10 prints of the recent 35mm dump work and maybe a bit of film development.


I need to do some work with my 35mm Leica's so I can test HP5 and see how it compares to Tri-x. One other project I have been meaning to start is an "Edmonton At Night" (cityscapes of the abandoned city at night) series of photographs, I want to work with the Linhof, 4x5 HP5 (have a bunch old film loaded I need to use up) and a single lens, the 90mm Nikon F4.5. Before I was going to do "Night"  project as part of a photo group I belonged to but now I have left the group I will try it on my own. Working alone might not be as fun but it will be a heck of a lot easier to organize, it also has one huge advantage "greater freedom", which allows for more creativity.

Another thing I might like to try in the coming months is making salt prints. I found this wonderful little how to video on the salt paper process and it looks fun and easy to do thou having sunshine here in Edmonton (for exposing the contact print) can be an iffy proposition : )

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBxw3mb9eAU

It should be a freaking awesome week!