Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Secondary Thai Story?

Been thinking of photographing at Wat (temple) Tham Krabok as a secondary subject after the dump work, next trip. If I travel fast and loose carrying only 35mm gear this could be possible. Wat Tham Krabok houses a large Hmong population (Asian ethnic group) and is also world renown as a treatment center for drug addiction. I might just go down to the temple and hang out for a day or two to see whats what and if any good photos can be made there. I am sure the temple grounds are filled with many interesting folks who would be fun to talk to and learn from.

In May at the Klong Toey slum boxing gym I met Paul an Australian photographer who was going to the temple to make photos, sent him an email last night asking for details on how it went. I  hope Paul writes back with stories of what happened to him there, maybe with a contact name for me.

Here is a story on the temple:

http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=52,4178,0,0,1,0#.UdQ9ExbsHvo