Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Secondary Darkroom?

I am thinking of building a 2nd darkroom. I have enough gear to set up a smaller 2nd space so I might try to do that in the coming years. My current darkroom is large and very well suited to my needs, its bigger than any other darkroom I have visited in Edmonton but its getting very crowded in there now. Since I have everything that's necessary why not build a secondary space. I could use the 2nd space for alternative processes, like wet plate, platinum printing, salt prints etc. It would be cool to have a second room I could work in and only do alternative process stuff, I could also set up a computer to do ink jet enlarged transparency negs, digi colour prints, mat cutting etc. I would need to buy a expensive ($2000-$4000) good quality UV light source exposure device for some of the alternative process stuff but for the most part I have everything I need for another darkroom, enlargers, timers, safelights, trays, sinks.

Its something that warrants more thought.