Monday, July 29, 2013

Printing The PhotoNOLA Show

I have decided to print my 20 images for the New Orleans PhotoNOLA show on Ilford 16x20 paper (normal neutral tone paper not the warmtone). I had a few opened 50 sheet opened boxes of this paper along with some 10 sheet packages and recently I got a bunch more with this weeks Kijiji $100 used darkroom purchase. The paper I have was made at different times, in different years but so far the stuff I got this last week second hand seems fine, I should be able to get similar tonality from these different year papers as the product is the same brand-surface etc. Hopefully I will have enough paper to do all 20 fine prints.

Doing things this way will help me a lot with costs, I will not have to buy more paper and can just use what I have, it should look great and be a win-win. Tonight I am working a a portrait I quite like of a ladyboy named Ray from the 2012 sessions.

This image was also the lead photo in the Hardzine online photo story about Thai ladyboys.

http://www.hardzine.com/dude-looks-like-a-lady-the-real-queens-of-thailand/

Ray 25 Ladyboy Sex Worker, Thailand 2012