Sunday, July 28, 2013

Alberta Photo Open 2013 Print

Took time off from printing my PhotoNOLA show to do the one print I have in the Alberta Open Photo this year. The photograph is of "Nit 51 Thai Freelance Sex Worker". I am printing this image 16x20 on Silver Eagle fibre based paper, in Dectol 1/1 for 2 minutes. The negative is a high contrast direct flash shot made outdoors in a parking lot with the Banarama Razzle 4x5 conversion camera. The Silver Eagle paper is a higher contrast cold tone paper that I think will work well with this rather harsh negative and subject. I need to have this print completed and dropped off by my next week off work the show opens the end of August, it might be traveling to Calgary as well. Those photographers accepted into the open get $75 per print, I will reinvest the money in part of a box of 35mm bulk Tri-x film.

Nit 51 Thai Freelance Sex Worker, Bangkok 2012