Thursday, June 27, 2013

Started Work On "The Train Is Coming" Opening Night Video

Just started working on the opening night video for the recently completed "The Train Is Coming, Portraits From Klong Toey Slum" Kaasa Gallery show. Trying to get all the video and picture elements together before combining it all in a nice package with some fitting music. This video will be all thats left of the show in this form, so its important to put something nice together to keep the photographs alive. These type opening night videos are also good for promotional purposes, I usually include them in submission, grant packages etc. I will also need to find some nice copy-write free music to play in the video, want to try to keep it to 5 minutes or less.

I am unsure if I should do a voice over for this one (like I did for "Human Voices"), they are hard to do and come across as a bit full of yourself if done wrong. I plan on doing some separate 5 picture story vids from the slum and the dump later on where I tell stories about 5 different photographs in 5 minute videos. Maybe I will save my Morgan Freeman voice over moments for these story videos and just use music in this opening night piece.