Friday, June 28, 2013

I Like It!

I was unsure about the $190 I spent on the latest enlarger and generic darkroom equipment but now I think its money well spent. The enlarger is so solid, you really feel like things are secure when you set them, my 8x10 enlarger is a Durst also and feels the same, heavy duty and very well built. The unexpected thing for me was how much easier it is to work with the 250w bulb, it allows quick accurate focusing and shorter burn times (I burn a lot). At some future date I plan on changing out my old Saunders LPL enlarger for the newer version Saunders, they also use the 250w bulbs.

As a nice bonus I like working with the handled graduates, I am always banging up against stuff and dropping these things, the plastic handles are very easy to use and hang onto. Heck I even am using a small bottle of Ilford rapid fix I got in the deal, $190 well spent!

Tonight I am just going to have some fun printing 8x10 fiber photos from the dump 35mm negs. I have various 8x10 fiber papers that have been sitting around in the darkroom for years, want to use them up printing with this new enlarger and these new negs. A wonderful night in the dark ahead of me.

"Ain't Photography Grand!" It don't get much better than this folks. : )