Monday, June 24, 2013

Great Book And Photographs

I also got a paper back copy of the Sebastiao Salgado book "Terra Struggle of the landless" in the mail today, what a wonderful publication this is. Salgado is such a great photographer who tells such important stories, he is like a shining light to me, an example I want to emulate and follow. A book like this gives me confidence heading back to the dump with only 35mm equipment, if I can create work half as good as what Salgado did in "Terra" then I am doing some great stuff and communicating a very important message. I wonder if the wonderful intense closeup portrait cover shot was done with the R 60mm? There is a wonderful shot of tattered and worn feet photograph in this book, it really speaks well about the lives of the people he documented, it must have been done with the 60mm, a wonderful close up picture.


I found a wonderful link about the girl in the above cover shot.

Below is the Salgado feet shot I mentioned:

Construction workers Brazil 1982, Sebastiao Salgado