Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Excited And Other Thoughts

Am excited and really looking forward to returning to the families at the dump and make pictures, I have established some relationships now, and I want to continue working in that environment learning more more. I will also try to donate more to the families there but it looks like the calendar idea might not work, I might just have to donate some security guard money to the school and for rice etc.

I will go with a 100% 35mm equipment, including 4 Leica bodies (3 rangefinder 1 SLR) and 4 or maybe at most 5 lens (might take the 90mm). Traveling with only 35 gear means I will not need to have a check in bag, I will go with a camera bag and a light knapsack for film and a few clothes. I left my big heavy rubber boots in Thai last time so should be able to use those again and I will buy things as needed such as shavers, toothpaste etc in country. This coming trip will be my 12th to Thailand and it will also be the lightest, smallest and hopefully lead to the best pics.

I want to find one more subject to shoot this trip, I have 5 weeks total so maybe can do 2 weeks in the dump and 2 weeks in another place and have 5 days or so to just lay about recuperating. There is also a possibility I will travel to a nearby country.

All the photographic opportunities are ahead of me, I have few distractions at home, things are looking good to make strong photographs. I will probably take a large format trip in the coming year or two where I will probably shoot only 5x7, I have large supply of Tri-x 5x7 film that's outdated and I need to shoot but for now its only 35mm.

Speaking of outdated film, I took out one of my ancient frozen bulk Tri-x rolls, dating back 25 years,  it is has probably been expired for 23 years or so but has been frozen most of that time. I loaded up a roll from the bulk loader and will shoot it soon, maybe with the new 60mm and R6 thou that might not be a fair test for the camera-lens. I wonder what this old Tri-x will look like, it will probably be fogged but who knows I might be able to still use it.