Monday, June 24, 2013

Bye Bye To One Club


I decided to leave one of my photography clubs. What it came down to was that I felt the time I was spending on the group would be better spent in the darkroom, studying, planning or creating new photographs. All I want to do is make photos and to tell the stories of the people who allow me to make their picture, all my energies should go to fufilling that goal. 

I guess as you advance in your photo career there comes a time when you need to separate yourself from the crowd and be a bit of a lone wolf, you need to find your own vision, your own way, hopefully I am on that path now.

Best wishes and good luck to all the members of the club, I hope we can still be friends.

Finally a bit of  William S I have been thinking about this line a lot lately:

“This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man. "
“Hamlet. Act 1.”

"Ain't Photography Grand!"    
That last one was mine, move over William! : )