Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bought A New Camera

Well I took the plunge this morning after figuring out I would not be able to do the tight portraits and detail shots I wanted to do with my current rangefinder Leica's. I hope I am not making a mistake its about a $1100 USD investment. Like always if I get one good photo, one photo I am really proud of then its worth the money. Hopefully with a bit of luck I can use the Leica R6 with 60mm macro lens for years to come and tell many important stories with it.

This morning as I was trying to figure out if I really needed this camera - lens combo all I could think of was the pictures I would make with it, pictures I could not make now with my current equipment. For me the picture possibilities have always taken precedence over costs or other issues. If I can make a type of photograph that is sharper, composed closer or in lower light situations, then I forget the costs of things and just go for it, that's sort of what happened here, once I saw the pictures in my minds eye I just needed to chase it down.

My kit to Thai will probably be as mentioned earlier, now I can do the thanaka face shots and the shot and close up head shots of several of the male workers as well, it feels good to know I can do those photographs now.

OK no more film cameras! hopefully this current Oath will last at least 5 years. : )