Friday, June 14, 2013

800 ASA Stand Development Tri-x Negs

Here are some Muay Thai boxer photos shot at 800ASA, the higher ASA rating allowed me to use faster shutter speeds within the gym. The stand development was 20C, 1-50 Rodinal developed for 2 hours with agitation for the first 30 seconds (inverting tank) and every 30 minutes there after for 15 seconds (light swirling agitation). I also have 5 rolls shot at 1600ASA that I will be experimenting with over the next while.

With this new stand development method and the new very fast 35mm 1.4 lens plus rangefinder camera I should now be able to shoot in very low light successfully, not quite up  to what a digi camera can do but still it should work very well. I can go to at least 1/15, f1.4 at 800ASA, which will be tricky to shoot but it should be possible to get sharp images. I am looking forward to see what results I get from the 1600ASA boxing exposures.