Friday, June 28, 2013

4x5 Trip Negs Part 3

Here are some of the scans made with the new/used 750 (thanks Mark, works great!). I am already starting to change my thinking on only taking 35mm after liking this first scan. I might try taking the 4x5 but only using it in Klong Toey to shoot subjects in Bangok, then later when I go to Mae Sot to shoot the dump I will leave the 4x5 in Bangkok and only take 35mm equipment. I also have the wonderful new 90mm Nikon lens I want to use! Stay tuned will probably change my mind another 2 dozen times before the trip. I need to shoot less in harsh sunlight (hard to do at the dump) and use reflectors better to fill in shadows.  I need to do so much work with the 4x5, need to improve on so many levels its hard to leave it behind for a whole trip.

Muay Thai boxer, Thailand 2013
Boy with mask, Mae Sot Dump Thailand 2013

Burmese children, Mae Sot Dump Thailand 2013