Wednesday, June 12, 2013

35mm Dumpsite Photos Part 7

Ever since I have come back from my trip, I keep flashing back to the dump. I keep looking at the clock  here and then calculating the time there and trying to guess what the people are doing. I remember photographing this young baby (first three pictures below), out front of the shack the babies sister (who was maybe 10-12 years old) was cooking some food over an open fire. I think the parents were off working trying to earn money scavenging for recyclable goods in the dump. These memories continue to flash through my mind while I sit here in Canada gorging myself on the best foods, living in a big comfortable home and enjoying the safety and security of life in the West. The differences in our lives, in our futures is just not right, its really f-cked up. This is why documentary people photography is important, these types of stories must be seen and told not hidden and forgotten.