Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Singing A Song


From an email I wrote to friends:

this little story is a followup to the marriage email..

funny story from today...the garbage was dumped from a big garbage truck and 8 or so people were digging through it...all quielty working...when all of a sudden in the distance I heard singing and saw a man walking towards the group...he yelled out a hardy minga la ba (hello) to me, he joined the group and started working, he sang some more as he worked (he was almost dancing)..he sang for over 1/2 an hour...while everyone else worked quietly...this guy kept singing loudly, I recognized him, he was the young man from yesterday...THE YOUNG GROOM FROM THE WEDDING...guess he had a pretty good night! The bride also worked in the group but was much more quiet, shyly looking away when I took her photo.