Thursday, May 23, 2013

PhotoNOLA New Orleans Show Confirmation‏

Well today I got my confirmation for my first International show, it will be held at the Zeitgeist Multi-Disciplinary Art Center in New Orleans as part of the PhotoNOLA photography festival. I will need to have the prints in New Orleans by the end of November and will also need to do an upgraded version of my Blurb Sex Worker book, this time it will be a larger hardcover book with more pages.


Link to the PhotoNOLA venue that will show the work.

http://www.zeitgeistinc.net/

Here is a part of the confirmation email I received today:


================


Gerry,


PhotoNOLA will be from Thursday, DEC 12 to Sunday, DEC 15 but the exhibit can hang the entire month of December. If the framed pieces are about 16x20 I think you could hang up to twenty prints in two rows, one row on top of the other. I apologize, I haven't had a chance to get over to Zeitgeist to measure the actual space but I will do so this week or next. But I would say plan on at least the twenty. If you would like, you can ship the prints to arrive at the end of November and I can get the show hung on DEC 1. If you had a particular layout in mind I could follow that. That way, the show is up well before the festival. I'd like to get some local press for it.


......................................


We had a PhotoNOLA planning meeting last night and it looks like gallery openings will be Saturday, DEC 14, 6 - 9pm. If you would also like to do a walk-through of the work at another time I think that would happen on Sunday. We'll have to work around some other talks/lectures but I'm sure we can figure it out.
It's going to be a busy weekend of photo-related things going on but it is a great chance to network with the larger photo community. We have lots of movers and shakers in the photo world who come to our festival to be reviewers and many of them try to get to all the exhibits. Will your Blurb book be done by then? Might be a good time to get that into some hands.


O.K. we'll talk soon. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.


================